Important Information

What we will need to know:-

We will need 7 days notice to purchase a Euro Pack from our insurers and agents to prevent you being inpounded at the boarders. There are additional charges for European hire to cover the costs to us. Please contact us for a quote, we will need to know:

  • Vehicle type / size required
  • Duration of hire
  • Countries to be driven through
  • Who's driving and their address
  • No of passengers
  • Estimated mileage

We will supply you with all the Euro kit you legally have to carry in the vehicle.

Documents you must carry in the vehicle

  • Driving licence
  • Passport
  • Green card (or insurance document) - we supply this for rentals
  • VE103 (or log book - photocopy is unacceptable) - we supply this for rentals
  • 'Letter of Authority' to rent the vehicle - we supply this for rentals
  • Rental Agreement - we supply this for rentals

It is wise to take theses documents with you no matter where you travel in Europe even if it's not compulsory.

Booking your ferry or train

You will need your exact dimesnions of your hire van (if a van of course). L x W x H - these dimensions should be displayed on our website when you click on the vehicle. 

You will also need to know

  • Registration number plate
  • Make & Model

Please note that these can occansionly change due to unforseen circumstances but we will let you know if that's the case soonest. 

Be aware

  • Low emission zones and urban restrictions - There are many cities across Europe which operate low emission zones, congestions schemes or have other similar traffic or pollution schemes in place. The schemes not only affect citizens but also tourist travelling into the cities. Make sure you check if the cities you are travelling in to have such schemes as many of them will require registration befroe you travel in to the areas. Check here for the AA website for more info on such schemes
  • Travel insurance - Make sure you  have this in place if in a hire car, driving abroad is high risk and if you become injured you need to make sure you can foot the bill for any medical treatment.
  • European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) - If you’re going to a European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland, make sure you’ve got a free EHIC card. The card entitles you to dicounts or often free treatment in most european cities.
  • Credit cards aren't always accepted at stores or petrol stations in other countries, so it's wise to check with the card company before you go, particularly if you're going to rely on using the card.


  • Pets - If you're planning to take your ppet on your road trip make sure you're familiar with official rules and advice.
  • Personal safety - make sure you check the latest crime advice on cities that you are driving into. Some areas of some cities really are a no go!
  • Emergency number - You can call the emergency number 112 anywhere in Europe in case of an accident or emergency
  • Drinking and driving - Legal limits do vary, best practice is to adopt a Zero toloerance. Penaities and fines can be severe in some countries.
  • Mobile phones - Using a hand-held mobile while driving is against the law in most countries now.
  • Be vigiliant and aware - It's easy to forget which side of the road you should be driving on. Pay attention and take regular stops and breaks and when pulling out of a junction LOOK the correct way as to avoid the nearside vehicles!


Signup to get great deals and the latest offers.