Please see below for a list of Frequently Asked Questions

New DVLA rules

From 8 June 2015, the paper counterpart to the UK photocard driving licence will not be valid and will no longer be issued by DVLA and, whilst they will still be valid, “old style” UK paper-based licences will no longer be annotated with endorsements.  With effect from this date, any UK driving licence holders hiring a vehicle should ideally use “Share My Driving Licence”, the new online service from the DVLA, for validation of their driving record. To view and create a one-time passcode the driver should go to https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence where s/he will be asked to submit their

  • Driving licence number
  • National Insurance number
  • Postcode

To see how to do it a Youtube video produced by the DVLA explains the “Share My Driving Licence” servicehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZx9_EZenK4

The passcode, which will be valid for a maximum period of 72 hours from the point it is generated, must be presented and still be valid when picking up any rental vehicle.  Any drivers unable to obtain a passcode should call the DVLA Customer Contact Centre on 0300 083 0013 (Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm). 

Hirers will still need to bring in their licence AND this Passcode or Driving Licence Summary page (if they have printed it off). 

As an alternative to providing a passcode we can call DVLA to obtain the full information at a charge of £5


Foreign Licence Holders

European Licences are valid in the UK up to their expiry date. Driving Licences issued outside of the Euro are valid for 12 months and must be in 'Roman Script'. After 12 months of residence within the UK you must have obtained a British Licence. IAP or International Driving Permits are valid for 12 months and these are in preference to foreign licences.

Category B on your licence entitles you to drive:-

  • Cars
  • 4x4's
  • MPV's with no more than 8 passenger seats
  • Vans up to 3.5 tonne (maximum would be something similar to a Luton van or Low loader)
  • Any of these


Under 21

  • We cannot insure you to drive
  • It's possible that your business insurance will cover you if applicable.

21 to 22

  • Free from any driving conviction
  • Held full licence for 2 years
  • No own fault accidents.

23 to 24 and 75 to 79

  • 1 minor conviction (3 Points)
  • Held full licence for 1 year
  • No own fault accidents.

25 to 75

  • Minor convictions totalling 8 or less points
  • If you have more points call us with the details, we may still be able to hire to you
  • Held full licence for 1 year
  • 1 own fault accident in 3 years.

Over 79

  • Please call us we may still be able to hire to you.

Convictions that we can accept with no issues:-

  • Any number of endorsements with no period of disqualification totalling up to 9 points in the last 3 years - unless the below is true or any 1 conviction is over 6 points

Convictions that we can accept after 3 years:-

  • Any disqualification of less than 6 months
  • Codes starting;- CD10, LC20 

Convictions that we can accept after 5 years:-

  • Any disqualification of more than 6 months
  • Codes starting;- AC10, AC20, DR, CD40, CD50, CD60, CD70, MS90.

Convictions that we can not accept:-

  • 2 or more disqualifications
  • Codes starting UT , DD, BA


Should the vehicle come back with a change of condition then you will be liable to pay up to a certain amount (often given the term 'insurance excess'). The amount of this liability is dependant on the vehicle type but it will be made clear on collection. You do have an option to reduce your liability by purchasing Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and/or Tyre and Glass Wavier (TGW) protection.


Exclusions from Insurance 

There are instances where you will be liable for the full cost of the repairs such as but not limited to:

  • incorrect fuelling
  • damage above the windscreen for high roof vehicles
  • lost keys

Please see our full Terms and Conditions for a full list.

CDW stands for Collision Damage Waiver; this reduces the hirer's liability in the event that the vehicle is involved in a collision. Neither will the CDW nor the Insurance cover:

  • All Glass
  • Tyre damage
  • Damage above the windscreen for high roof vehicles
  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Malicious acts
  • Damage caused by Negligence of the hirer i.e. racing, off roading etc.

TGW stands for Tyre & Glass Waiver; this reduces the hirer's liability in the event that the vehicles glass or tyres are damaged during the hire period, i.e. the windscreen gets chipped and requires a repair or the windscreen cracks. Neither will the TGW nor the Insurance coverr:

  • Tyre Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Malicious acts
  • Damage caused by Negligence of the hirer i.e. racing, off roading etc.

We will charge your debit/credit card the amount required to replace the part/s damaged up to your excess or CDW/TGW plus an administration fee and any other charges if applicable. If the damage is to the body panels or paint then we will hold the amount up to your excess or CDW/TGW until we have obtained a quote from an independent garage. If we receive a quote where the cost to repair the vehicle is under the excess or CDWTGW then we will refund the remaining monies. For non-fault damage i.e. a third party has hit into you please ensure you fill out the claim form and return it to us within 24 hours. We will hold the amount up to your excess or CDW/TGW plus an administration fee and any other charges if applicable. Once the insurance claim has gone through and the third party has admitted liability the monies will be refunded back to you. We will keep you updated but this can take a long time.

How to Book?

You can book online, over the phone or just come in. We advise booking early to avoid disappointment. We will need the following info at time of booking; Drivers name, contact phone number, email address and home address.


How & when do I pay?

By Debit or Credit card only and this can be done when you collect the Vehicle or online. If you have a a business account with us, then we can invoice you after the rental, speak to a member of staff for more details on setting up an account.


How much is the deposit?

It varies depending on the 'Group' type of vehicle selected; we will pre-authorize teh deposit on a Debit or Credit card in addition to your rental when you collect the vehicle. This amount does not actually leave your account it is merely frozen/locked as unavailable within your account, therefore you need to have this money in the account and you can not access it whilst it is frozen. Please note it usually takes 3 days to unfreeze from your account but may take up to 10 days. If the booking is over 7 days then we will take the deposit and refund it after the hire.


Can someone other than the Driver pay?

Yes someone else can pay, however the card holder/bill payer must come in to sign the Rental Agreement for any charges. If booked online then the card must be in the hirers name.


Can I cancel my booking?

For new bookings we require 72hrs notice to cancel the booking for a full refund. Under no circumstances will We refund all or any of the Rental Cost should You not provide this notice unless you have purchased a Cancellation Waiver which an be purchased at any time up to 72hrs before Your booking. If you return the vehicle early, we will refund the unused period if we are given the 48hrs notice. If you have purchased the free cancellation then no charges will be brought to you for cancellation or early return.

What time can I collect and return the vehicle?

Collect from 08:30 if a morning collection and return by 08:00/08:15 the following day/s later, and if an evening collection please arrrive between 17:10-17:30 and return by 17:00 the following day/s later. If the vehicle is available early we will give you a call to let you know, if you do not hear from us please arrive at the time specified on booking and in your email confirmation. We do try and be as flexible with collection times so please do ask us if you would like to collect earlier.


What to bring on collection

  • A valid driving licence
  • NI number or passcode from DVLA website
  • 1 form of Primary ID:- Passport, Debit/Credit card, MOD card, Valid Security card
  • 1 Secondary ID:- Utility Bill, Bank letter, HMRC letter, Council/Goverment letter, Home/Life Insurance letter.
  • Payment & Deposit (debit/credit card only)


I don't know my NI number

If you don't know your NI number to obtain the DVLA Passcode which we need then all is not lost; we can get around this by calling the DVLA premium rate phone line to obtain the information that we need, however you need to be present and there is a small charge for us doing this.


Can I return the Vehicle after hours?

Yes, we do have an arrangement for this, speak to a member of staff on collection for more details on this.


You can have as many drivers as you require, each driver will need to sign the 'additional driver form', show their licence and NI number or DVLA Passcode so we can add them to the agreement. A small charge applies for each driver.

If you want to travel in to Europe, no problem, but only with our permission agreed at least 7 days in advance.

We will need 7 days notice to purchase a Euro Pack from our insurers and agents to prevent you being inpounded at the boarders. There are additional charges for European hire to cover the costs to us. Please contact us for a quote, we will need to know:

  • the vehicle type required
  • duration of hire
  • countries to be driven through
  • who's driving and their address
  • no of passengers
  • estimated mileage

We will supply you with all the Euro kit you legally have to carry in the vehicle

For more info on driving in Europe such as a what you need to take with you, speed limits etc check out this link.

If you are looking for some inspiration for places to visit or routes to travel check out this link


We have a Van which has a tow hitch for Towing. Please let us know if you want to Tow as we only have a few vehicles with this, we will need to allocate this vehicle to you. There is a small charge that we make for towing. Our insurance does not cover the trailer/vehicle being towed, it will only be a 3rd party cover.

It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the adaqute licence to tow and that you do not exceed the towing limit of the vehicle, this may invalidate any insurance.


More Info

Please do take a look at the goverment website for a bit more information on towing and what is legal: Click Here


All of our vehicles are modern, safety checked on every return and serviced regularly, In the unlikely event that a vehicle breaks down, then rest assured that there is 24hr break down cover which will either get you to your destination, supply you with another vehicle or get you back to our depot.


Signup to get great deals and the latest offers.